Strength Of Materials 1
- To learn the fundamental concepts of Stress, Strain and deformation of solids.
- To know the mechanism of load transfer in beams, the induced stress resultants and deformations.
- To understand the effect of torsion on shafts and springs.
- To analyze plane and space trusses
What Will I Learn?
- Understand the concepts of stress and strain, principal stresses and principal planes.
- Determine Shear force and bending moment in beams and understand concept of theory of simple bending.
- Calculate the deflection of beams by different methods and selection of method for determining slope or deflection.
- Apply basic equation of torsion in design of circular shafts and helical springs, .
- Analyze the pin jointed plane and space trusses
Topics for this course