Strength Of Material-2
- To know the method of finding slope and deflection of beams and trusses using energy theorems and to know the concept of analysing indeterminate beam
- To estimate the load carrying capacity of columns, stresses due to unsymmetrical bending and various theories for failure of material
What Will I Learn?
- Determine the strain energy and compute the deflection of determinate beams, frames and trusses using energy principles.
- Analyze propped cantilever, fixed beams and continuous beams using theorem of three moment equation for external loadings and support settlements.
- find the load carrying capacity of columns and stresses induced in columns and cylinders
- Determine principal stresses and planes for an element in three dimensional state of stress and study various theories of failure
- Determine the stresses due to Unsymmetrical bending of beams, locate the shear center, and find the stresses in curved beams.
Topics for this course