STATISTICS & NUMERICAL METHODS
- This course aims at providing the necessary basic concepts of a few statistical and numerical methods and give procedures for solving numerically different kinds of problems occurring in engineering and technology.
- To acquaint the knowledge of testing of hypothesis for small and large samples which plays an important role in real life problems.
- To introduce the basic concepts of solving algebraic and transcendental equations.
- To introduce the numerical techniques of interpolation in various intervals and numerical techniques of differentiation and integration which plays an important role in engineering and technology disciplines.
- To acquaint the knowledge of various techniques and methods of solving ordinary differential equations.
What Will I Learn?
- Apply the concept of testing of hypothesis for small and large samples in real life problems.
- Apply the basic concepts of classifications of design of experiments in the field of agriculture.
- Appreciate the numerical techniques of interpolation in various intervals and apply the numerical techniques of differentiation and integration for engineering problems.
- Understand the knowledge of various techniques and methods for solving first and second order ordinary differential equations.
- Solve the partial and ordinary differential equations with initial and boundary conditions by using certain techniques with engineering applications
Topics for this course
STATISTICS AND NUMERICAL METHODS
TESTING OF HYPOTHESIS , DESIGN OF EXPERIMENTS , SOLUTION OF EQUATIONS AND EIGENVALUE PROBLEMS ,INTERPOLATION, NUMERICAL DIFFERENTIATION AND NUMERICAL INTEGRATION , NUMERICAL SOLUTION OF ORDINARY DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS