Robotics and Automation
- To understand the basic concepts associated with the design, functioning, applications and social aspects of robots
- To study about the electrical drive systems and sensors used in robotics for various applications
- To learn about analyzing robot kinematics, dynamics through different methodologies and study various design aspects of robot arm manipulator and end-effector
- To learn about various motion planning techniques and the associated control architecture
- To understand the implications of AI and other trending concepts of robotics
What Will I Learn?
- Explain the concepts of industrial robots in terms of classification, specifications and coordinate systems, along with the need and application of robots & automation
- Examine different sensors and actuators for applications like maze solving and self driving cars.
- Design a 2R robot & an end-effector and solve the kinematics and dynamics of motion for robots.
- Explain navigation and path planning techniques along with the control architectures adopted for robot motion planning.
- Describe the impact and progress in AI and other research trends in the field of robotics
Topics for this course