- To study about the various optical fiber modes, configuration and transmission characteristics of optical fibers
- To learn about the various optical sources, detectors and transmission techniques
- To explore various idea about optical fiber measurements and various coupling techniques
- To enrich the knowledge about optical communication systems and networks
What Will I Learn?
- Realize basic elements in optical fibers, different modes and configurations.
- Analyze the transmission characteristics associated with dispersion and polarization techniques.
- Design optical sources and detectors with their use in optical communication system.
- Construct fiber optic receiver systems, measurements and coupling techniques.
- Design optical communication systems and its networks.
Topics for this course