Mass Transfer Operation
- To define the principles of adsorption, absorption, leaching and drying extraction, distillation crystallization operations.
- To begin the concept of membrane separation process and develop skills of the students in the area of mass transfer operations with emphasis on separation and purification of products.
What Will I Learn?
- To demonstrate about gas -liquid, vapour- liquid and solid- liquid and liquid–liquid equilibrium.
- To classify and use the accurate engineering correlations of diffusion and mass transfer coefficients to model a separation process.
- To investigate a multi-stage equilibrium separation processes, simultaneous phase equilibrium and mass balances in continuous separation processes (absorbers, strippers, and distillation columns) and sizing continuous separation units.
- To design and construction with operating principles of process economics of separating equipments
Topics for this course