Linear Algebra and Partial Differential Equations
- To introduce the basic notions of groups, rings, fields which will then be used to solve related problems.
- To understand the concepts of vector space, linear transformations and diagonalization.
- To apply the concept of inner product spaces in orthogonalization.
- To understand the procedure to solve partial differential equations.
- To give an integrated approach to number theory and abstract algebra, and provide a firm basis for further reading and study in the subject.
What Will I Learn?
- Explain the fundamental concepts of advanced algebra and their role in modern mathematics and applied contexts.
- Demonstrate accurate and efficient use of advanced algebraic techniques.
- Demonstrate their mastery by solving non - trivial problems related to the concepts and by proving simple theorems about the statements proven by the text.
- Able to solve various types of partial differential equations. Able to solve engineering problems using Fourier series.
Topics for this course