- To discuss the structure, functions and integration of immune system.
- To explain the antigen-antibody interactions and how the immune system is protecting the body from foreign pathogens/germs.
- To explain various techniques of monoclonal and engineered antibodies (important therapeutic molecules) production, for treating most of the human diseases.
What Will I Learn?
- The students after completing the course would be aware of immune system structure and functions.
- The students would be aware of immunity to various pathogens
- The students would be aware of the principles behind the production of therapeutic/ diagnostic molecules.
- The students would be aware of the concepts and mechanism behind tumour development, allergy and hypersensivity reactions.
Topics for this course