Fluid Mechanics & Machinery
- The properties of fluids and concept of control volume are studied
- The applications of the conservation laws to flow through pipes are studied.
- To understand the importance of dimensional analysis
- To understand the importance of various types of flow in pumps.
- To understand the importance of various types of flow in turbines.
What Will I Learn?
- Apply mathematical knowledge to predict the properties and characteristics of a fluid.
- Can analyse and calculate major and minor losses associated with pipe flow in piping networks.
- Can mathematically predict the nature of physical quantities
- Can critically analyse the performance of pumps
- Can critically analyse the performance of turbines.
Topics for this course
FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY
FLUID PROPERTIES AND FLOW CHARACTERISTICS ,FLOW THROUGH CIRCULAR CONDUITS ,DIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS, PUMPS ,TURBINES