This course is designed to cover topics such as Matrix Algebra, Vector Calculus, Complex Analysis and Laplace Transform. Matrix Algebra is one of the powerful tools to handle practical problems arising in the field of engineering. Vector calculus can be widely used for modelling the various laws of physics. The various methods of complex analysis and Laplace transforms can be used for efficiently solving the problems that occur in various branches of engineering disciplines.
What Will You Learn?
- Eigenvalues and eigenvectors, diagonalization of a matrix, Symmetric matrices, Positive definite matrices and similar matrices.
- Gradient, divergence and curl of a vector point function and related identities.
- Evaluation of line, surface and volume integrals using Gauss, Stokes and Green’s theorems and their verification.
- Analytic functions, conformal mapping and complex integration.
- Laplace transform and inverse transform of simple functions, properties, various related theorems and application to differential equations with constant coefficients.
ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS II
Lesson 2-VECTOR CALCULUS
Lesson 3-ANALYTIC FUNCTIONS
Lesson 4-COMPLEX INTEGRATION
Lesson 5- LAPLACE TRANSFORMS