- To make the students conversant with boiler feed water requirements, related problems and water treatment techniques.
- To develop an understanding of the basic concepts of phase rule and its applications to single and two component systems and appreciate the purpose and significance of alloys.
- Preparation, properties and applications of engineering materials.
- Types of fuels, calorific value calculations, manufacture of solid, liquid and gaseous fuels.
- Principles and generation of energy in batteries, nuclear reactors, solar cells, wind mills and fuel cells.
What Will I Learn?
- The knowledge gained on engineering materials, fuels, energy sources and water treatment techniques will facilitate better understanding of engineering processes and applications for further learning.
Topics for this course