- To provide students an exposure to disasters, their significance and types.
- To ensure that students begin to understand the relationship between vulnerability, disasters, disaster prevention and risk reduction
- To gain a preliminary understanding of approaches of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
- To enhance awareness of institutional processes in the country and
- To develop rudimentary ability to respond to their surroundings with potential disaster response in areas where they live, with due sensitivity
What Will I Learn?
- Differentiate the types of disasters, causes and their impact on environment and society
- Assess vulnerability and various methods of risk reduction measures as well as mitigation.
- Draw the hazard and vulnerability profile of India, Scenarious in the Indian context, Disaster damage assessment and management.
Topics for this course