Design Of Steel Structure Elements
To introduce the students to limit state design of structural steel members subjected to compressive, tensile and bending loads, including connections. Design of structural systems such as roof trusses, gantry girders as per provisions of current code (IS 800 – 2007) of practice for working stress and Limit state Method.
What Will I Learn?
- Understand the concepts of various design philosophies
- Design common bolted and welded connections for steel structures
- Design tension members and understand the effect of shear lag.
- Understand the design concept of axially loaded columns and column base connections.
- Understand specific problems related to the design of laterally restrained and unrestrained steel beams