- To develop the basic reading and writing skills of first year engineering and technology students.
- To help learners develop their listening skills, which will, enable them listen to lectures and comprehend them by asking questions; seeking clarifications.
- To help learners develop their speaking skills and speak fluently in real contexts.
- To help learners develop vocabulary of a general kind by developing their reading skills
What Will I Learn?
- Read articles of a general kind in magazines and newspapers.
- Participate effectively in informal conversations; introduce themselves and their friends and express opinions in English.
- Comprehend conversations and short talks delivered in English
- Write short essays of a general kind and personal letters and emails in English.
Topics for this course