- To enable learners of Engineering and Technology develop their basic communications skills in English.
- To emphasize specially the development of speaking skills amongst learners of Engineering and Technology.
- To ensure that learners use the electronic media such as internet and supplement the learning materials used in the classroom.
- To inculcate the habit of reading and writing leading to effective and efficient communication.0
What Will I Learn?
- Speak clearly, confidently, comprehensibly, and communicate with one or many listeners using appropriate communicative strategies.
- Write cohesively and coherently and flawlessly avoiding grammatical errors, using a wide vocabulary range, organizing their ideas logically on a topic.
- Read different genres of texts adopting various reading strategies.
- Listen/view and comprehend different spoken discourses/excerpts in different accents
Topics for this course